Sunday, January 6, 2008

"A New Song"- Psalm 40:3

"And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord"- Psalm 40:3

This verse is the verse that I have chosen as my life verse; I believe it perfectly describes what the Lord has called me to do. When the Lord saved me He put a song in my heart and in my mouth as He does for all who are saved. So many times at home I get on my familys nerves by constantly singing. My Dad will say "Thats quite enough", I say "but there is a song in my heart", and he says to me "well, keep it there".
When we are saved we have something to sing about. The Lord has lifted us from the miry pit of sin from which we could never escape on our own, He has set us on the solid rock of salvation from which we can never be moved. This is reason to sing and praise the Lord.
A Christian ought to be joyfully singing the Lord's praises at all times because as the Psalmist says "Many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord", people will see that we are happy and wonder why we have such joy in this depressing world, and we can tell them that we are saved and have no reason to be sad!
A lost person would have a hard time believing in Our wonderful God if we go around with a frown. So smile! sing! and praise the Lord; show the world what real joy is. The joy of the Lord.